FOTAG’s Fabulous Picture Show 2017
It’s that time of the year again! The FOTAG Committee invites all artists to start planning for the Fabulous Picture Show, an annual auction held in the Gallery to raise funds for the purchase of new art works for the Tatham Art Gallery’s permanent collection. Your donation will assist the continued growth of this collection.
How does the Fabulous Picture Show work?
1. Artists donate up to three original, unframed works of art to FOTAG.
2. Signed, editioned, original digital prints are welcomed, but not prints of existing originals.
3. Boards and canvases are restricted to a maximum standard A4 only (21 x 27.9cm).
4. Works on paper: the image should be no bigger than 13 x 21.7cm, to allow for mounting.
5. All 2D art works in the prescribed sizes will be framed by FOTAG, and hung by Gallery staff.
6. 3D works are also welcome, size not to exceed A4 dimensions.
7. Acceptance of art work is at the discretion of the FOTAG Committee.
8. Art works will be loaded onto the FOTAG website by 10h00 on Sunday 12 November.
9. Artists will be offered first option should their art works not be sold at the auction.
Gallery staff will be available to accept work in the Gallery Library from 14h00 to 16h00, on the following Tuesdays: 26 September, 3 Octoberand 10 October 2017.
Final submissions deadline: Saturday 14 October 2017, between 09h00 and 14h00. Another option is to post your art work to: Tatham Art Gallery. P.O. Box 321, Pietermaritzburg 3201.
Sunday 12 November 14h00, until Friday 24 November 16h00.
Exhibition is open 10h00 – 16h00 daily, excluding Mondays
Auction: Friday 24 November at 18h00 for 18h30.
All art works will be sold on the night. There is a reserve price of R200 on every art work and the auction is silent up to R800, after which art works are sold by live auction. Should you be unable to attend, proxy bids can be arranged.