The Friends of the Tatham Art Gallery (FOTAG) is a very enthusiastic body of friends and volunteers that supports the Tatham Art Gallery, mainly through fund-raising events. Funds raised are primarily intended for purchase of new artworks for the Tatham's permanent collection.
Annual events include a Quiz Evening along with a variety of concerts and outings. 'Private Eye' offers members, in a small group, a private visit to a local artist's studio.
A major fund raising event is the annual 'The Fabulous Picture Show' held in November. Artists donate original artworks which are later auctioned at a grand Fabulous Picture Show Auction.
Your support is valued in the form of annual subscriptions. As a paid-up member of FOTAG you will receive postal invitations to all exhibitions, a quarterly newsletter and advance notice of Gallery events. For the the subscription form click here.
You should also join the FOTAG email list by signing-up to the email list and like our page and group on Facebook.
Also visit the FOTAG website which features all the latest news and information on The Fabulous Picture Show. www.fotag.co.za
For further information on FOTAG enquiries contact Christopher Duigan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fabulous Picture Show 2018
It’s that time of the year again! The FOTAG Committee invites all artists to start planning for the Fabulous Picture Show, an annual auction held in the Gallery to raise funds for the purchase of new art works for the Tatham Art Gallery permanent collection. Your donation as an artist will assist the continued growth of this collection.
How does the Fabulous Picture Show work?
1. Artists donate up to three original, unframed works of art to FOTAG.
2. Signed, editioned, original digital prints are welcomed, but not prints of existing originals.
3. Boards and canvases are restricted to a maximum standard A4 only (21 x 27.9cm).
4. Works on paper: the image should be no bigger than 13 x 21.7cm, to allow for mounting.
5. All 2D art works in the prescribed sizes will be framed by FOTAG, and hung by Gallery staff.
6. 3D works are also welcome, size not to exceed A4 dimensions.
7. Acceptance of art work is at the discretion of the FOTAG Committee.
8. Artists will be offered first option should their art works not be sold at the auction.
Gallery staff will be available to accept work from 14h00 to 16h00, on the following Tuesdays: 04, 11, 18 & 25 September 2018.
The final submissions deadline is Saturday 29 September 2018, between 09h00 and 14h00.
Another option is to post your art work to the TathamArt Gallery.
Postal details Tatham Art Gallery P.O.Box 321 Pietermaritzburg 3201
Art works will be loaded onto the FOTAG website as they are submitted, so keep checking www.fotag.co.za for the latest entries.
Opening: Sunday 18 November at 10h00
Viewing hours: Tuesday 20 to Friday 23 November 10h00 to 16h00
Auction: Friday 23 November at 18h00 for 18h30
All art works will be sold on the night. There is a reserve price of R250 on every art work and the auction is silent up to R800, after which art works are sold by live auction. Should you be unable to attend the auction, proxy bids can be arranged.
Enquiries email@example.com or 033 392 2825 (mornings only)
FOTAG website: www.fotag.co.za