FOTAG: Friends of the Tatham Art Gallery
FOTAG is a body of friends and volunteers that support the Tatham Art Gallery in various ways, mainly through fund raising events. Your annual membership subscription is valued, as is your participation in our fundraising activities. As a member of FOTAG you will receive invitations to all exhibitions and advance warning of Gallery events.
Last year FOTAG utilised funds raised to acquire a large painting from Hussein Salim and a finely crafted wooden stool from Rob Scott for the Tatham Art Gallery’s permanent collection.
Please visit FOTAG’s website www.fotag.co.za for updated details of all events (also join the FOTAG mailing list).
Subscriptions run from July 2016 until the end of June 2017. If you join now, your subscription will run until the end of June 2017. The subscription form can be found on the back cover of this Outline.
Christopher Duigan Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Join FOTAG or renew your membership — In order to join FOTAG or renew your membership please follow the following instructions:
- Download the FOTAG membership form and print it out.
- Pay the appropriate membership fee into the FOTAG account (account details on form)
- Fax proof of payment and completed form to 033 394 9831
Alternatively you can join FOTAG or renew your membership at the Tatham Art Gallery
FOTAG: Fabulous Picture Show
It’s that time of the year again and the FOTAG (Friends of the Tatham Art Gallery) Committee invite all artists to start planning for the Fabulous Picture Show 2016. This event is an annual fundraising auction held in Pietermaritzburg, to raise funds for the purchase of new artworks for the Tatham Art Gallery permanent collection. It is essential for an art museum collection to grow on a regular basis, in order to reflect the dynamic nature of South African artistic production. Without a purchasing budget and ongoing acquisitions, the collection would remain static.
Our target is to beat the R83 000 that we raised last year, and the only way this will be possible is through generous donations from artists.
- Artists donate up to three original unframed works of art to FOTAG (Max size A4: 21 x 27.9cm). Signed, editioned, original digital prints are welcomed, but not prints of existing originals.
- All 2D artworks in the prescribed sizes will be framed by FOTAG.
- Boards and canvases are restricted to standard A4 only.
- Works on paper should be smaller to allow for mounting and framing.
- 3D works are also welcome, size not to exceed A4 dimensions.
- Acceptance of artwork is at the discretion of the FOTAG Committee.
The final submissions deadline for A4 donations is Saturday 01 October 2016, between 10h00 and 15h00 at the Tatham Art Gallery. Staff will also be available to accept work prior to the final deadline on Tuesdays 06, 13, 20 and 27 September 2016, from 14h00 to 16h00. Another option is to post your artwork to:
Tatham Art Gallery. P.O. Box 321, Pietermaritzburg 3201.
Art works will be loaded onto the FOTAG website by 10h00 on Sunday 16 November 2106. The exhibition of artworks will be open to the public from 10h00 to 16h00 on Thursday 24 November 2016 and Friday 25 November. The doors to the venue will be reopened at 18h00 on Friday 25 November and the auction will take place from 18h30. All artworks will be sold on the night. There is a reserve price of R200 on every artwork and the auction is silent up to R800, after which artworks are sold by live auction. Should you be unable to attend the auction, proxy bids can be arranged.
FABULOUS PICTURE SHOW 2016
Fabulous Picture Show 2016
Main Exhibition Room
Information for Artists
Artists are invited to donate up to three original, unframed works of art (maximum size A4: 21 x 27.9cm) for this fund raising auction initiative. Your donation will assist the continued growth of the Tatham Art Gallery permanent collection.
· Signed, editioned, original digital prints are welcome, but not prints of existing originals.
· Boards and canvases are restricted to standard A4 only.
· Works on paper should be smaller to allow for mounting and framing.
· 3D works are also welcome, size not to exceed A4 dimensions.
· For every art work we need the title and medium of the work, name of the artist, and a contact number.
· Acceptance of art work is at the discretion of the FOTAG Committee.
Gallery staff will be available to accept work in the Gallery Library every Tuesday afternoon in September, from 14h00 to 16h00.
The final submission date is Saturday 1 October from 10h00 to 15h00.
Another option is to post your art work to: Tatham Art Gallery. P.O. Box 321, Pietermaritzburg, 3201.
Enquiries: Reena at 033 3922 823 or email@example.com
Fabulous Picture Show 2016
Main Exhibition Room
Information for Buyers
Thursday 24 November from 10h00 to 19h00 (extended hours)
Friday 25 November from 10h00 to 17h00
Friday 25 November at 18h00 for 18h30
Once again the Friends of the Tatham Art Gallery (FOTAG) present the annual Fabulous Picture Show, an exhibition and auction of art works, the proceeds of which assist in growing the Gallery’s permanent collection. Artists donate up to three original art works. This year, the viewing period is over two days only, and the auction, for many the highlight of the Gallery’s year, will take place on the Friday evening. There is a reserve price of R200 on every art work and the auction is silent up to R800, after which art works are sold by live auction. The auction is a hectic and exciting occasion as buyers attempt to outbid one another in order to secure their favourite works. Should you be unable to attend the auction, proxy bids can be arranged. All art works will be sold on the night.
Art works will be loaded onto the FOTAG website by 10h00 on Sunday 16 November 2016.